Centre for Alternative Technology - Environmental Education Centre
Open daily from 10am to 5pm April to October.
Based in beautiful Mid Wales, the Centre for Alternative Technology overlooks the Snowdonia National Park, renowned for its stunning scenery and outdoor activities. Join us with your family, friends or come alone and explore what you can do!
- Fun family activities come rain or shine. Build a solar boat, pond dipping, slug and bug hunts and arts and crafts. Adventure playground and plenty of creative and exciting things to entertain the children.
- Friendly staff on hand to give advice and conduct guided tours.
- The CAT cafe serves delicious home cooked vegetarian food. Everything is prepared on site and much of it is grown in our own organic gardens
- Discover more about renewable energy with our interactive displays. from biomass to wind energy, all the information can be found here
- We have a free information service so you can find out more about renewable energy solutions for your own home, or learn more about sustainable building techniques
- Our water powered cliff railway is a truly great way to start your day out here
- Our shop sells gifts and and a huge range of books, all seeking to inform, inspire and enable people to live greener lifestyles
- On site we have a wide range of eco buildings that practically demonstrate how green buildings work.
Adults £8.50 Concessions £7.50Children (4 to 16) £4.00Children 3 and under enter FREE
Getting the map...