Domaine de la Dolce
Child friendly cottage, Midi-Pyrenees – Three child and toddler friendly gites, Montcabrier, Lot Region, South West France
Share this destination
About Domaine de la Dolce
Domaine de la Dolce is a baby, toddler and child friendly haven - one where families can unwind and notch down a gear! As well as a fantastic area to explore with beautiful medieval towns and villages all around.
Domaine de la Dolce is a cluster of three gorgeous self catering holiday gites, set amongst idyllic rural countryside, in the heart of South West France and close to the Dordogne valley. With outstanding facilities and a breathtaking setting amongst the private woodland in the beautiful historic Lot region, it is the perfect retreat for a relaxing family holiday. The holiday cottages are all on one level and have been configured specifically with babies, toddlers and children in mind. Parents travelling with a young family have oodles of baby and toddler kit to borrow, shaded playground in the woods, a heated and fenced outdoor swimming pool, a fantastic playroom with a toddler/baby friendly soft play mat and a large meadow, as well as walks through the ‘wild wood' with plenty of play and picnic areas.
When Marion, Ray and Katie discovered this place in 2010 they instantly were drawn to the fabulous area and magical charms it beheld. After falling in love with the place and a life changing move to France, they set about creating their vision for the most idyllic place to stay with families with a young brood. Thus three family friendly cottages were suitable re-vamped packed full with baby and toddler kit and caboodle. And now you can experience the fruit of their labors with your own slice of Domaine de la Dolce heaven – a superb family friendly retreat in the gorgeous Lot region. With a games & toys room, playground and salt-filtered, fenced pool this place is truly relaxing for Mums and Dads. Children will play and make friends easily in this lovely relaxed environment, while parents may get chance to relax by the pool, under a tree or on their terrace. Domaine de la Dolce has been awarded 3 stars by "Atout France", the official French body for hotel, gite and chambre d'hôte classification.
The French holiday properties
There are three family-friendly cottages all with stunning views across the meadow.
La Luciole sleeps up to 4 people, La Girolle up to 6 people and La Sauterelle up to 8 people. The interiors are airy and contemporary, with comfy living rooms and bedrooms with blackout curtains, well equipped kitchens, satellite TV and DVD players ,wonderful king-size beds and a long list of baby and toddler equipment. The three homes are attached, but because they are very well insulated, you have enough privacy. All of the holiday gites are on the ground floor and have French windows to their own south-facing, gravel patio which opens out to the meadow beyond as well as being hedged on two sides for privacy and equipped with sun loungers, dining table and Weber BBQ.
The owners provide a welcome basket and some basic essentials to get families started, plus a special gift for children, appropriate to their age. Pre-arrival shopping can be arranged and if mum or dad doesn’t fancy cooking on the evening of arrival, parents can also order a scrummy quiche made by a lady from the local market.
Baby and Toddler equipment
You can truly travel light as Domaine de la Dolce provides free of charge with the price of your holiday : -
- travel cots (with proper mattresses) & bedding, bed guards;
- high chairs, booster seats and Bumbo seat;
- bouncy chairs, baby gym, soft play mats and outside rugs;
- changing mats and step stools,
- baby monitors and bath thermometers;
- potties, nappy bins, toilet seat reducers, baby baths, bath seats and anti-slip bath mats;
- bottle sterilizer, bottle warmer and breast-feeding pillow;
- bibs, baby feeding spoons, toddler cutlery, plastic cups, bowls and plates;
- a baby/toddler backpack carrier for taking your little one with you on a walk.
Family friendly facilities
Besides having the spacious meadow and shaded woodland for children to play, Domaine de la Dolce has a heated swimming pool, which is salt-filtered to be kinder than chlorine to skin and eyes. The pool is fenced, with child proof gates and surrounded by a terrace with sun loungers and umbrellas. It's the perfect spot for parents to top up the tan while the children have fun in the water with an array of inflatables to keep them amused. On the odd occasion when the weather isn’t great at Domaine de la Dolce, the children have the excellent play room to escape to, which the owners have filled with a fantastic collection of toys and activities for the youngsters - from building bricks, dressing up clothes, a huge blackboard and soft toys to board games, books, table football, table tennis and a library of DVD’s. While the kids are happily occupied, parents can indulge in a spot of pampering with deep tissue massage, pedicures, facials and other treatments available at the gites courtesy of a local beauty and holistic therapist.
The Lot Region and things to do and see
The Lot region consists of a variety of green fields, oak forests, vineyards, farmland, historic Bastide villages, spectacular gorges and slow moving rivers. Local specialties include dishes based on duck and goose foie gras, wild mushrooms, truffles, peaches, apricots, plums, peaches and walnuts whose oil is used in cooking. Experience a medieval festival which is a great experience especially for the children. The locals dress up in traditional costumes and knights demonstrate their skills. Parc-en-Ciel - ropes course through the forest on eight different heights. Suitable for children over 3 years. Lakes with sandy beaches - Montaigu-de-Quercy and Montcuq. Parc Walibi (Agen) - theme park for a great day out with the kids. Cave Pech Merle - 7 amazing caves to explore with paintings more than 20,000 years old. Summer night markets - enjoy a delicious fresh meal produced by local producers and farmers. Usually accompanied by pleasant live music. Château de Bonaguil - considered by the French as the most beautiful, fortified medieval castle in France, only 15 minutes drive from Domaine de la Dolce.
Terms & conditions
* Prices include: professionally laundered bed linen, large and small bath towels, bath mats, tea towels, pool towels, use of all facilities, basic cupboard and cleaning supplies, tourist tax, infant/toddler equipment, water, electricity, heating and gas.
* A 25% deposit with a minimum of GBP/Euro 200 is payable on booking (we send you a booking form by e-mail). The balance together with a Euro/GBP 200 (300 in case of 3 or more bedrooms) breakages deposit is due 8 weeks before arrival.
Check in & out
* Rates are per cottage, per week (from Saturday 4:00pm to Saturday 10:00am). Payment by Euro or Pound Sterling bank transfer. We are unable to accept credit cards.
* To maintain a baby and toddler friendly environment in the swimming pool, playground and playroom we only accept bookings from families with four children if at least two of the children are 5 years old or younger. For families with three children, at least one would have to be 5 years or younger. The maximum age of any of the children staying with us is 9/10 years. Thank you for your understanding.
* The cottages are non-smoking and unfortunately we are unable to accommodate pets.
Check availability & book
Find availability at Domaine de la Dolce
Click or tap a circled check-in date to get started.
Accommodation owner will confirm exact pricing on enquiry. If you can't see the dates you'd like contact the owner directly.
Make a booking
Send an enquiry to Domaine de la Dolce
You can send an enquiry directly to the owner of this property to confirm pricing and availability.