Tigh na Croit
Child friendly cottage, Perthshire – Balquhidder, By Lochearnhead, Perthshire
Share this destination
About Tigh na Croit
This lovely and secluded 400 year old stone cottage lies surrounded by its own large garden in the quiet rural Balquhidder glen. In the heart of Rob Roy Country, who incidentally is buried in the churchyard, you can choose to be as busy or as chilled out as you wish. The area, with it’s spectacular scenery, is perfect for long walks and winding down – day trips and activities are within easy distance when you choose!
Visited and reviewed by Gary
If you have ever read Enid Blyton's ‘The Famous Five' books and wondered what it might look like in real life, then this is it.
Nestled in an idyllic glen in the heart of the Stirlingshire mountains, Tigh na croit (pronounced Tie-na-croyt) is a deceptively large, lovely and homely cottage that sleeps up to 6 - there are 2 double bedrooms on the ground floor (one with an en-suite shower room) and a twin bedroom upstairs across the landing from a large family bathroom which is ideal for kids. A cot is available if required.
The spacious sitting room with an open fire provides loads of space to relax. There is a TV & DVD player and a number of games, books and DVDs for all ages. The suitably equipped country kitchen is the real heart of the home with a large table for eating, playing board and card games, cooking and entertaining. A highchair is available if required. A dishwasher makes life easier as does the separate laundry room with life's essential washer and dryer. Bedlinen, heating and towels are all included. No pets are allowed nor is smoking permitted. There is also wifi available.
This is walking, climbing and exploring country - from the kids exploring the garden and surrounding area to further afield and the Munros, which include Ben Vorlich and Stuc a Chroin, long distance cross-country walks, short walks by river or loch, forest rambles as well as guided walks. For golfers there is a course at St. Fillans and 32 golf courses within a 2 hour drive! Fishing is abundant with a wealth of salmon, sea trout and brown trout in both lochs and rivers. Loch Earn and other nearby lochs and rivers offer Waterskiing, kayaking, sailing, windsurfing. Cycling, horse-riding and field sports can all be organised locally. Scotland's legendary Rob Roy McGregor is buried nearby.
You can travel further afield if you wish with visitor attractions include Glenturret Distillery, the Blair Drummond Safari Park, Auchingarrich Wildlife Park, Doune Antiques Centre, Stirling Castle and Jail and the Wallace Monument, Ben Lawers Visitor Centre all within 45 minutes drive. Should you wish to go further afield you might visit Glen Coe or Loch Ness or take a ride on the Jacobite steam train from Crianlarich to Fort William and Mallaig crossing the Glenfinnan viaduct of Harry Potter fame. Or else you might go West to Oban and take a ferry trip to Mull and "Ballamory".
This is as idyllic as it gets and a holiday here is a holiday away from it all. We fell in love with the place the moment we set eyes on it and it is a place you will want to return to time and time again. The girls spent hours exploring the garden, played poo sticks and explored the waterfall nearby, and we walked and just spent time together away from all the hustle and bustle of modern life. We even decided to turn off all our gadgets and it was so just the thing to do.
Terms & conditions
£500 to £900 per week For shorter breaks apply to email@example.com
20% of full rental to secure the dates. A £200 deposit against any damage or breakages is required with the final payment six weeks in advance of your arrival date, together with the remaining 80% due.
Check in & out
Check in is from 4pm. Departure by 11am.
The 20% deposit will only be returned if someone else is able to rent the dates that have been confirmed for you.
TIGH NA CROIT, BALQUHIDDER - TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
• Tigh na Croit is let on an all inclusive basis and tenants must accept that it is let on a furnished basis. If we are prevented from putting the property at the disposal of the hirer, because of circumstances beyond our control, the hire charge shall be refunded in full, but the hirer will have no further claim against us.
• We have undertaken to insure the building and contents belonging to us, but accept no responsibility for damage to or insurance of any furnishings, personal effects and contents brought into the property by the tenants, who will be responsible for insuring the same.
• Tenants are responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the hire period, fair wear and tear excepted.
• The information we give is done so in good faith and we cannot accept responsibility for misunderstandings or losses.
• If, at any time, tenants fail to implement or observe any of the terms hereof, we shall be entitled to take the appropriate steps to end the tenancy and repossess the property.
• The property must be vacated by 11 am on the day of departure and arrivals may be any time after 4pm, unless agreed otherwise, in writing.
• A non-returnable deposit of 20% of the total rental will be required with each booking, the balance to be paid six weeks prior to the start of your holiday, together with a £200 refundable deposit against damage and breakages (returned within 14 days of departure). If booking within six weeks of the start of your holiday, payment in full is required with the booking form.
• The refundable deposit of £200 is required to cover for any damage or breakages. We reserve the right to use this deposit to meet any cost of repairing or replacing any of the fittings and fixtures which are broken, damaged or lost and the expense of making good any failure to fulfil any of these conditions.
• The property will be used only as a private residence for holiday accommodation and must not be used as a base for any business purpose without our written consent. Equally, it must not be sub-let.
• Except in cases of emergencies, we endeavour to give the tenants a minimum of 24 hours notice in writing that we wish to inspect the property. In the event of us becoming aware of any emergency and the tenants are unable to provide access to the property immediately, it is agreed that we (or our agent) may gain access to the property using forcible means if necessary.
• We do not accept responsibility for inconvenience or loss caused to the tenants by the interruption of electricity or other supplies to the property by circumstances outwith our control.
• Disposal of all rubbish must be in an appropriate manner and at the appropriate time.
• The telephone is only available to receive incoming calls or to make emergency or freephone calls.
• Tenants undertake to keep the property in a clean and tidy condition and properly aired during the period of occupation.
• Tenants must not alter, decorate or paint any part of the property, nor mark or cut any part of the property.
• Tenants must not stop up or obstruct the waste pipes or drains. Do not use bleach of any kind and only use non-biological powder in the washing machine. Sanitary towels, baby wipes etc must not be flushed down the WCs and should be disposed of with the rubbish.
• No animals are allowed to be kept on the property.
• No plants, fruit or vegetables from the garden should be cut or removed.
• Tenants must not cause or allow any person occupying or visiting the property to cause noise, nuisance, disturbance or annoyance to neighbours within the vicinity of the property.
• Tenants must not commit or allow members of the household or persons visiting the property to commit any act of violence or any form of harassment on the grounds of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age which may interfere with the peace and comfort of, or cause offence to, any other neighbours or members of their household either in their accommodation or in the vicinity of the property.
• Tenants must ensure they inform us IMMEDIATELY of any damage to the property and/or its contents.
• Tenants undertake to pay the whole cost of repairing, replacing or redecorating any part of the property or its contents and furnishings required as a result of damage caused through neglect, carelessness or wilful damage caused by any member of the household or visitor whilst renting the property.
• Tenants undertake to immediately report any defect or disrepair for which we are responsible and allow access to the property for repairs to be carried out and for the inspection of sanitary and electrical installations.
• Tenants, members of the household and visitors are not allowed to smoke within the house, but may smoke in the garden provided they dispose of all cigarette or cigar butts safely with the refuse.
• The number of persons occupying the property must not exceed six people, unless permission is given in writing.
Make a booking
Search for availability at Tigh na Croit
Accommodation owner will confirm exact pricing on enquiry. If you can't see the dates you'd like contact the owner directly.
Make a booking
Send an enquiry to Tigh na Croit
You can send an enquiry directly to the owner of this property to confirm pricing and availability.