Sanbona Wildlife Reserve
Child friendly glamping, South Africa – Route 62 Between Montagu & Barrydale
Share this destination
About Sanbona Wildlife Reserve
Gondwana Family Lodge at Sanbona Game Reserve resembles a typical thatched Karoo homestead with family rooms, a childrens activity room, spacious lawn, outdoor play area, and pool will ensure entertainment for the whole family. Upon arrival, your hosts will discuss activity options for your family taking the family’s size, children’s ages and the weather into consideration. Child minding facilities are available at an additional cost for children younger than 4 years as they are too young to join game drives.
Situated at the foot of the towering Warmwaterberg Mountains in the heart of the Little Karoo, Sanbona celebrates the spirit of the San people who once roamed this distinctive area. Only 3 hours from Cape Town, Sanbona boasts 54 000 hectares of undulating mountains and plains, indigenous flora and fauna, rock formations and rock art.
This really is a destination not to be missed. Sanbona is home to white lions and big game as well as the rare riverine rabbit. The White Lion Project, which aims to return white lions to the wild, has been heralded a success; this makes Sanbona home to the only free-roaming white lions in the world.
One of the true joys of Sanbona is the freedom to do nothing at all in absolute luxury. But for those who choose to venture beyond the comfort of the luxury lodge accommodation, a world of new experiences awaits...
Kids Activities Incl.
• Interpretive trail through the garden of Gondwana learning about animals that occur on the reserve as well as tracks, important plants etc
• Sanbona Activity Book is educational and fun, teaching children about the wildlife at Sanbona and at the same time encouraging children to get involved in the game drives, often requiring the ranger's assistance to answer some of the questions
• Children can partake in various social, sporting and art activities such as beading, clay making activities, face painting and star gazing
• Scrap books, paper, scissors, glue crayons, pencils & paints
• Puzzles of varying sizes and difficulties covering a broad age range
• Documentary DVD's on various conservation topics and animals, animated movies
• A selection of entertaining and educational children's books
• A selection of fun board games
Dwyka Tented Lodge: Once the range of ancient Khoisan hunter-gatherers dramatically situated in a horseshoe bend of a dry Karoo ravine and surrounded by awe-inspiring rock formations. These luxurious and secluded tents exude an atmosphere of pioneering adventure in this vast landscape.
Gondwana Lodge: offers endless views over the plains of Bellair Dam and onto Anysberg-mountains. Children of all ages are entertained with its exciting "Kids on Safari" program
Tilney Manor: has six luxuriously appointed rooms. This exclusivity ensures that guests can experience personal service and world-class cuisine in an atmosphere of privacy and tranquillity.
Comfortable lounges with fireplaces for winter nights, private verandas, romantic freestanding baths and carefully sheltered outdoor showers are just a few of the pleasure that guest can enjoy. More modern comforts include air-conditioning, satellite television, private bars and tea and coffee making facilities.
The fully equipped Spa offers guest the opportunity to recover for the rigors of the outside world and restore their sense of inner harmony.
Find availability at Sanbona Wildlife Reserve
Click or tap a circled check-in date to get started.
Accommodation owner will confirm exact pricing on enquiry. If you can't see the dates you'd like contact the owner directly.
Send an enquiry to Sanbona Wildlife Reserve
You can send an enquiry directly to the owner of this property to confirm pricing and availability.