If you're wondering what to do today and a day out is just too much then these ooey gooey chocolate infused brownies are the perfect reason to stay in and get baking with your little ones for the Easter period!
Deliciously gooey chocolate brownies for fun in the kitchen.
- with the bonus of a Cadbury's creme egg!
185g dark chocolate
185g unsalted butter
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
275g caster sugar
6 Cadbury creme eggs (fridge cold)
1. Set the oven to 180 or gas mark 4.
2. Melt together the butter and chocolate. An easy way to do this is by placing it in the microwave for 30 second bursts. Once melted together set aside for the yummy mixture to cool.
3. In a separate bowl crack in 3 eggs and add the sugar. Whisk until the eggy mixture begins to turn into a mousse like substance. (This may take a while but we promise it will turn pale and double in both volume and size!)
4. Add the egg and sugar mixture to the cooled melted butter/chocolate and mix together.
5. Sift together the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold into the mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into a regular baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. While the mixture is baking cut the 6 crème eggs in half. (You will need a sharp knife so adult supervision/help is advised)
8. Once baked remove from the oven and evenly place the crème egg halves onto the brownies. (Make sure the eggs are yoke side up!)
9. Put the brownies back into the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the crème eggs melt.
10. Let the brownies completely cool in the baking tray and then cut into heavenly slices.
11. Enjoy the delicious taste!
Have you tried making these brownies or have any great recipes of you own?
Send them in and we'll post them here. Image source: www.sweetcitycandy.com