Still unsure whether you have a ‘Horrid Henry' or a ‘Perfect Peter'? Either way, if you have a child who lurches, day to day, from one to the other, you're pretty normal. Those first few months with a toddler can be fraught, not least when you're on holiday. Read on to discover our top five tips for stress free holiday with little ones.
So how do you ensure that your holiday, with tantrum making toddler, is still a holiday? Here are our top five tips:
- Firstly, choose somewhere that actively welcomes toddlers and won't be shocked by anything they see.
- Meal times can be extremely stressful if your child's a faddy eater. Check out if the hotel offers children's teas as well as the option to eat together as a family.
- Get specific information on the sleeping arrangements. If your child is nervous at night, they won't want to be in a room on their own; but you might prefer them not to be in your bedroom.
- Find out what there is to do in the area. Whilst you might like the idea of wandering round art galleries and museums, farm visits, adventure play areas and sand castle building might be closer to your toddler's idea of fun.
- Is early evening the bewitching hour in your house? Early evening entertainment such as fancy dress parties and visits from Newquay Zoo is a great distraction for toddlers who sense that bedtime is fast approaching.
Sands Resort Hotel in Cornwall caters specially for families. With over 20 years of experience and excellent child friendly facilities such as large family rooms, complimentary sports, kids clubs, baby listening service, pool, gym & spa the team at Sands makes sure that your holidays are relaxing and entertaining for all the family.
The hotel is based on the North Coast of Cornwall and easy to reach by plane, train or car. Close by you can find lots of exciting family attractions ideal for toddlers such as Dairyland Farmworld, Newquay Zoo or Lappa Valley Railway. The beach is only a short walk away, perfect for rock pooling and crab fishing.
Family holidays are all about finding the right balance between keeping your little ones entertained and making some time for yourself to enjoy a dinner as a couple, get pampered at the spa or just sit back and relax; and if your toddler has a tantrum, just take a deep breath...you're on holiday!
To find out more about Sands Resort Hotel in Cornwall visit www.sandsresort.co.uk.
or read our independent review of this child friendly hotel in Cornwall.