We love pesto - red or green. Back's deli prepares the BEST basil pesto which makes for the easiest lunch - a chunk of fresh bread (sorry it's my failing) and a mixed salad and you're ready to go - with the addition of delicious salmon you have the brain food covered too!
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
• 4 x 125g (4 1/2 oz) salmon fillets
• 145g tub (about 5 oz) fresh basil pesto
• 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
• 40g (1 1/2 oz) fresh breadcrumbs (1 slice brown bread)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Check the salmon carefully for bones, using your fingers to feel for them. Give the salmon a quick rinse under cold water, pat dry, then lay the fillets side by side in a lightly oiled baking dish, skin-side down.
- Combine the pesto, lemon juice, and breadcrumbs in a small bowl, then spread over the salmon.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Test by inserting the tip of a knife into the flesh. When done, it will have lost its transparency and look opaque all through.
Serve with either rice, cous cous or pasta and green veg.