Ullswater ‘Steamers’ Glenridding Pier House, Glenridding, Cumbria
Open All Year ( except Christmas eve & day) Refer to timetable for detailed information
A valley with a rich biodiversity of wildlife whose ancient woodlands and fells provide breeding habitats for some of our rarer species, such as red deer, red squirrels and goosanders.
Shaped like the letter ‘Z’, Ullswater runs a serpentine course in three reaches with Helvellyn, at 3,117ft England’s third highest mountain, crowning the plateau at the head of the lake.
The ‘Steamers’ create the perfect opportunity to combine a cruise with some of the most famous and spectacular walks in the Lake District.
• Enjoy light refreshments from the Pier Houses with spectacular views of the lake and surrounding mountains.
• Toilet facilities onboard the vessels and at the Pier Houses (except HT).
• Fully licensed bars onboard vessels and at Glenridding Pier House.
• Seating on deck and in warm, comfortable saloons.
• Accessible facilities at Pooley Bridge and Glenridding Pier Houses as well as onboard Lady Wakefield.
• Visit the shop and Information point in Pooley Bridge for great gift ideas.
• A range of gift items as well as our gift vouchers and special event tickets for sale in the Pier Houses at Glenridding and Pooley Bridge.
• NEW for 2010 – Commentary handsets for hire on Raven, subject to availability. Please ask at the Pier House.
In 1998 the Company introduced a visitor donation scheme with proceeds to the Tourism & Conservation Partnership in order to fund access and conservation projects in the Ullswater Valley. Over £20,000 raised to date.
Getting the map...