Long Meadow Campsite
Child friendly campsite, Hampshire – Family camping in the New Forest, Hampshire
Share this destination
About Long Meadow Campsite
Just outside of Brockenhurst, a quaint New Forest village, Long Meadow Campsite offers a tranquil setting, fabulously flat and spacious pitches, immaculate facilities and a safe environment for your children to play. A family friendly campiste in the heart of the National Park, providing direct forest access from the campsite with acres of forest to explore. Rich with deer, forest ponies and plenty of wildlife, with its meandering streams, leafy paths and open heath land, Long Meadows is the ideal spot to pitch up your tent, have an adventure and get the children up close with nature.
Long Meadows offers 80 spacious grass pitches and 20 hard standing pitches to tents, caravans and motorhomes.
Our review coming soon.
Location and things to do
Brockenhurst Village is a five minute car drive away or a 35 minute walk through the forest with an abundance of shops, takeaways, pubs and a train station with direct links to Southampton, Bournemouth, Lymington and more. The New Forest provides miles of safe, off-road walking and cycling paths and the coastal villages of Lymington and Milford-On-Sea are only a short drive away. Local Attractions within a 15 minute drive of Long Meadow include: Paultons Park & Peppa Pig World, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Longdown Activity Farm and The New Forest Wildlife Centre.
- We consider these terms and conditions and our price list to set out the agreement between you and us
for the supply of our services to you.
- If you think there is a mistake with your booking please contact us immediately.
- On booking a pitch at Longmeadow Campsite you agree to the conditions below.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect
immediately when posted on the Website and/or the campsite office.
Cancellation by Longmeadow Campsite
In exceptional circumstances beyond our control (E.g. damage, maintenance, flood, fire etc), we may
have to cancel your booking. If we do so we will tell you as soon as possible and you may either choose to
receive a full refund or accept an alternative holiday with us, but you will have no further claim against us.
We also reserve the right to change your pitch either on arrival or during your stay.
Check in & out
Management and Behaviour onsite
- Our Site Managers are fully empowered in all aspects of Site operation and reserve the right to refuse
- Any wilful damage to the Site or any other property will result in you being asked to leave the Site. Our
customers visit our Sites to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the Forest. If anyone does not respect this,
the Site Manager reserves the right to refuse them admission or ask them to leave the site at any time. If
you are asked to leave under these circumstances, no monies will be refunded.
- To respect the enjoyment of others, we ask that noise levels are kept to a minimum. No loud music is
allowed on site at any time.
- To protect our forests, the burning of wood is strictly prohibited. Charcoal or Gas BBQs only are allowed,
providing they are raised off the ground. Open fires, fire pits and rope swings are also prohibited on site.
- We are a dog friendly site, but owners must ensure all dog mess is picked up and dogs are kept on leads
at all times. A maximum of two dogs per pitch are permitted on site.
- Anyone driving a vehicle inappropriately will be asked to leave the site.
We want you to have an enjoyable holiday. However, should you have cause to complain, please contact
our Site Manager immediately who will try to resolve your complaint.
Days to Arrival Refund Amount
29 - 56+ days - Full refund less deposit
15 - 28 days - 30% of outstanding of balance
7 - 14 days - 20% of outstanding of balance
0 - 7 days - No refund
- Pitch Extras –Full and Porch awnings
- Pup Tents – Pup tents are free of charge and must be no larger than 2m x 1.5m. Pup tents may only be
used by up to two children from 9 years to 16 years and the tent must be erected within the boundary of
the accompanying unit.
- Visitors – It is essential, that visitors report to the reception on arrival. Entry to the site and parking on
site will be at the site manager’s discretion. Visitors are required to leave the site by 10:00pm or whenever
the site barriers are closed for the night, whichever is the earlier.
- Unit – A standard unit is a tent, trailer tent, caravan, campervan or motor home.
- Standard Pitch - Grass pitch no electric hook-up
- Premium Pitch – As per a standard pitch but includes electric hook-up and/or hard-standing. A premium
pitch may be on grass.
- Sign written towing vehicles are permitted on site provided campers are not trading or working from
site, however you may be asked to park your vehicle away from the pitch.
Making a Booking
- At least one member of your party must be over eighteen years old; this person has the authority of all
persons in the party and accepts these Terms & Conditions.
- You agree to be responsible for any loss or damage caused by any member of your party or animal
accompanying you throughout your stay.
- We do not allow horse boxes with horses or ladders to be present on your pitch. Or any other item that
the manager deems to be not in keeping with the site. If you are unsure please contact the Site Office prior
to your arrival.
- Pitch fees are from 1pm to midday on day of departure.
- The names of all the adults in the party need to be provided at the time of booking. Failure to provide all
the names may lead to the booking being cancelled or the Site Manager refusing entry to the site.
- The site is to be used for recreational camping only.
- Group bookings of over five units may be accepted at the discretion of site manager, please call for
- No single sex groups are allowed.
Book at Long Meadow Campsite
You can check availability or enquire about staying at this property through the owner's website: