Glamping at Ridlington Farm
Child friendly glamping, West Sussex
Share this destination
About Glamping at Ridlington Farm
Complete with hot-tub and a speciality welcome drink on arrival, Ridlington Farm offers a luxury glamping experience, in the beautiful West Sussex countryside. Let the kids run free and soak in that fresh country air…
Ridlington Farm is in the country town of Petworth, West Sussex set amongst unspoilt meadowland with beautiful views of the South Downs. It is near to the town of Chichester and a short journey to the South Coast. South Downs National Park is a place of natural beauty where the deer are free to roam.
Glamping at Ridlington is life as it should be, kids running around in the fresh air, exploring, creating adventures and making new friends. Whilst the adults can have a drink under the starlight or soak in the hot tub (grown-ups only), it really is a place to get away from the stresses and strains of everyday life.
Each of the ten bell tents come complete with a double bed and up to three children’s beds, complete with luxurious bedding, cushions and throws for cosy and comfortable family glamping. The carpeted bell tents come complete with fairy lights and bunting, and each has its own fire pit and tripod grill for cooking. The practical things you need for cooking and dining are provided in your own holiday box, although you can go to the Communal kitchen/dining area and join other Glampers to make and eat your meals. There is a communal fridge freezer and a facility to charge your phones, should you wish to do so.
Communal bathroom facilities with hot showers are available to Glampers and electricity is available (via a generator) between 9am and 6pm daily.
Things To Do
Throughout the summer holidays there will be various workshops such as Tutu making , dream catcher making and ad hoc ice cream making classes.
There is also a badminton and volley ball net for everyone to use.
Full Of Those Little Extras
A complimentary glass of the signature tipple, prosecco dusted with rose gold is available (adults only!) – one of the little extras that will make your stay even more special.
To add a bit of indulgence to your stay a luxury kit filled with sweet treats can be pre-ordered.
The Best Bits
- The views! Set in beautiful, tranquil fields in amongst the South Downs National Park.
- The Bell tents. What a fantastic way to camp - The kids absolutely loved it!
- The beds. They were so comfortable, the kids and grown-ups were all very happy. Luxury bedding and a memory foam mattress! Not things one might associate with camping? Lush!
- Entertainment. What more does a kid need than a huge space to run around in and maybe a ball or Frisbee? Well just in case that isn’t enough, there are games and fancy dress and our little girl's favourite activity, the scavenger hunt to keep the little ones (and even the big ones) entertained. There are also Italian cooking classes and tutu making workshops available for families to book.
- The hot tub. Us grown-ups grabbed an opportunity for some alone time while we watched the kids happily playing in the field and play-tent, during the hot-tub free time sessions. We also booked an evening private slot for all of us and enjoyed some family time while soaking in the views and breathing in the fresh air.
- The hosts. They were superb! Very friendly, very accommodating, great with the kids, made our stay extremely pleasant.
- Email before arrival detailing what is supplied, what you need to bring, what is on offer at the site, directions and a little about the local area.
- We packed a cooler box full of ice packs which we put into the freezer during the kitchen facility operating hours (9am-6pm) we then used these to keep water and milk cool through the night.
- Shoes mustn’t be worn in the tents so whilst we packed wellies, we found that some easy slip on sandals worked out best and easiest for little people coming in and out of the tent.
- Bring cash, in case wishing to purchase anything on site like the kindling wood packs, which are great value for money!
- Bring your own charcoal.
- Bring your own towels and swimwear for the hot tub.
- Bring torches for night runs to the loo. (or shadow puppets!)
- There was little signage upon arrival and it wasn't clear where to go or what to do initially. The site becomes visible shortly after the signposted turn in, we would suggest pulling into the carpark on the immediate right and walking over to the communal fire pit. The reps will likely be around here waiting for your arrival.
What The Kids Say...
- My little girl age 7 “I loved the scavenger hunt, that was really fun! “
- My little boy age 5: “I loved our tent, it was awesome! And I really liked making friends and playing games around the campsite.”
- My little girl age 7: ”I would definitely love to go back there again!”
Find availability at Glamping at Ridlington Farm
Click or tap a circled check-in date to get started.
NOTE: Minimum two night stay.
Accommodation owner will confirm exact pricing on enquiry. If you can't see the dates you'd like contact the owner directly.
Send an enquiry to Glamping at Ridlington Farm
You can send an enquiry directly to the owner of this property to confirm pricing and availability.
NOTE: Minimum two night stay.