Robin Hill Farm Cottages
Child friendly cottage, Devon
Share this destination
About Robin Hill Farm Cottages
Robin Hill Farm in Bideford, Devon, comprises six cosy, child friendly holiday cottages converted from the original farm outbuildings. An indoor heated pool and hot tub, a games room and guest conservatory, as well as outdoor play areas for the children to enjoy are added bonuses. Not only those, three of the six cottages are dog-friendly too, so you can bring all of your family!
At the end of a country lane, amidst stunning North Devon countryside, Robin Hill Farm cottages sleep from four to six. The smaller single-storey two bedroom cottages are perfect for young families; with a couple of teenagers and a younger one the three bedroom properties provide ample space for my lot. Should there be a couple of families holidaying together Gull cottage, which sleeps six, is capable of hosting large dinner parties thanks to the expanding dining table – you can enjoy your own space and solitude but enjoy a gathering as and when which is a perfect combination on group holidays.
As far as safety goes the cottages are a half mile away form the nearest road and though it is fine to unpack at your door cars are parked in the car park away from areas that your little ones will frequent.
The Holiday Cottages
Each cottage is styled individually, retaining charming beams and making the most of the original thick stone walls. The result is cosy, warm and very comfortable holiday cottages to relax in, any time of the year.
All of the cottages have baby and toddler friendly equipment including blackout blinds, plug covers, cutlery and plates. Cots, high chairs, stair-gates and bed guards are available if required, ask Jill if there is anything that you specifically need. Wi-fi is available in all cottages. The DVDs, flat screen TV, books and squishy sofas make sure quiet time is easy to achieve for little ones – or a sneaky doze for someone bigger!
Towels are provided, bed linen is fitted, the kitchen is fully equipped with all you might need to prepare your meals, as well as a dishwasher, fridge and microwave. There is also a Nespresso machine, as well as a cafetiere for Bob and other serious coffee drinkers! Wren Cottage also has a newly fitted, cosy wood burner.
Bathrooms cover both preferences - bath for the little ones and showers over. A shared laundry ensures you don’t run out of clothes and includes both washer and dryer (a line is available in all gardens), here you will also find the communal freezer in which each cottage has a drawer.
Each cottage has an enclosed garden with patio furniture and a bbq so that the younger children can enjoy some fresh air within hearing distance and you can all enjoy al fresco dining.
On Site Facilities
Tere is lots to keep your family content. The indoor pool is continuously heated to 30 degrees – perfect temperature for all the family. The hot tub offers a little relaxation time after the merriment of splashing about. The Games Room is a joy with Air Hockey (my favourite), a robust table football, junior pool/billiards table, a HUGE 60” TV screen and games for Wii contests and a toddler corner complete with little house – perfect distractions for lazy mornings, wet days and zoning out. The outdoor play climbing frame and Wendy house ensure the kids get out and about and make the most of the wonderful surroundings – you might want to explore further, along tracks of the 14 acre farm passing through woodland along the babbling streams – in fact you needn’t go anywhere for a while.
Should you wish to venture out, Bideford is just a short drive away for local shops and amenities. Westward Ho, the nearest blue flag beach, is just four miles away and is a fantastic each for sandcastle competitions and paddling. Walking and cycling trails are practically on your doorstep - Robin Hill Farm is just three miles away from the Tarka Trail so either bring your own bikes (there is a bike storage area) or else hire a bike at several sections of the trail.
There is a vast array of options for a family Day Out. The Big Sheep is hilarious and is close by, Clovelly is a lovely village very worthy of exploring and there is a plethora of fantastic gardens such as Llanhydrock and the RHS’s Rosemoor with wonderful woodland trails and a playground for the kids to burn off their energy. Jill has an extensive list of places to eat and drink should you rather escape the kitchen and enough ideas to explore Devon to keep you going back, again and again.
ROBIN HILL FARM COTTAGES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for choosing to book a holiday at Robin Hill Farm Cottages. Here are our terms and conditions of hire, please do not hesitate to call or email if there are any points you wish to discuss with us, we will be happy to help.
The contract for hire of your holiday rental cottage is between the owners of Robin Hill Farm Cottages (us or we) and the person making the booking ie the Hirer ( you or your). You must be over the age of 18 and authorised to accept these terms and conditions by all persons named on your signed booking form. Bookings are non transferable (If you are not one of the guests, all guest names must be stated on the booking form). We cater primarily for family and couple holidays therefore single sex groups and younger parties are not generally permitted.
The contract of hire is not effective until we dispatch to you written confirmation of your booking.
1. Telephone, e-mail or online bookings remain provisional until we have received your cleared deposit/full payment plus booking form (when booking on-line you will receive an initial summary of your booking by email, this does not form a contract between us). Once payment is cleared, you will receive email receipt of your payment and confirmation of your booking. Provisional bookings are held for 7 days.
2. A deposit of 30% of the total amount due is payable to secure your booking. The balance is payable 56 days before the start of your holiday (we are not able to issue reminders). Bookings made within 8 weeks of arrival must be paid in full.
3. It is your responsibility to ensure you have received a written booking confirmation. Please contact us if you think something has gone wrong.
4. Once we have issued confirmation of booking you are responsible for paying the full rental fee. We reserve the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received 49 days before arrival date.
5. If for any reason we are unable to proceed from a provisional to a confirmed booking we will refund any monies paid by you.
6. VAT of 20% is included in our prices which are subject to change if VAT rates change.
7. If you have to cancel, please advise us immediately by phone and confirm in writing.
8. You remain responsible for paying the full rental fee. We will endeavour to re-let the cottage and if successful will refund the final letting price paid (this may be less than you paid us). We recommend you take out your own holiday cancellation insurance.
9. In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your holiday due to circumstances beyond our control, we will notify you immediately and refund all monies paid to us. In the unlikely event that we are forced to terminate your holiday once started due to circumstances beyond our control, we will refund an appropriate proportion of monies paid to us. No further liability will be accepted.
10. The cottage is available from 3pm on arrival date and must be vacated by 10am on departure day to allow us to clean and carry out essential maintenance. Please ask if you have specific requirements which we will endeavour to accommodate.
11. You are responsible for the cottage and amenities during your holiday and you are expected to take reasonable care of fixtures, fittings and furnishing.
12. Please leave the cottage clean and tidy.
13. If you find anything damaged on arrival, please inform us. Any damage or breakages during your stay must be notified and paid for. We do not normally charge for minor accidental damage but we do need to know straight away so that we can repair or replace damaged items for you and future guests. We reserve the right to make a charge for repair or replacement and for the cost of extra cleaning should this prove necessary.
14. Use of the accommodation and amenities at Robin Hill Farm Cottages is unsupervised and entirely at the user’s risk. We accept no liability for any accident or injury to any guest or visitor. We accept no liability for any loss or damage to guests’ or visitors’ belongings or vehicles.
15. You are solely responsible for the access key to the swimming pool facility. You agree to the rules of the pool, in particular, to ensure that children under 16 are supervised by an adult at all times and to ensure that the outer door is locked when vacating the facility.
16. Supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains your responsibility at all times while on our site.
17. We have a no smoking policy inside the cottages and all other enclosed spaces. Please ensure all guests are aware of this condition before booking.
18. In order to safeguard the comfort and security of all guests staying at Robin Hill Farm Cottages only the guests listed on your booking form can occupy your cottage. Additional guests cannot be added to a booking once the booking is confirmed. The use of our grounds and amenities is only for the guests listed on your booking form unless agreed in advance with us – we reserve the right to ask any unauthorised person to leave immediately.
19. Please be mindful of other guests staying on site at all times and respect their peace and tranquility. We have a zero tolerance of anti-social behaviour and any illegal substances. If in our opinion any person is not suitable to continue their occupation because of unreasonable behaviour or nuisance to other guests, the contract may be discharged and we may repossess the property immediately with no refund.
20. Dogs are allowed in Gull, Wren and Kingfisher cottages by arrangement with us. In the interests of your dog’s wellbeing and the safety and hygiene of all guests on site we have guidelines which are displayed in each cottage. Please note that dogs must not be left unattended in your cottage when you leave the site. We have dog crates available to secure your dog when you wish to use our amenities.
Complaints and Concerns
21. If on arrival you are not entirely satisfied with your cottage or issues arise during your holiday please inform us immediately so that we can help remedy the situation. No discussion can be entered into after the end of your holiday.
22. All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that descriptions given to you in relation to a particular cottage are accurate. You acknowledge that minor differences may arise between photographs, descriptions and illustrations and the actual cottage.
23. A binding contract exists when your booking is accepted by us. The contract is governed by English Law and interpretation. It is mutually understood and agreed that the contract is made at Robin Hill Farm and that any dispute, claim or any other matter that arises out of this contract shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the owners.
Find availability at Robin Hill Farm Cottages
Click or tap a circled check-in date to get started.
NOTE: Minimum stay 2 nights. Short breaks during school holidays only bookable in the 4 weeks prior to arrival.
Accommodation owner will confirm exact pricing on enquiry. If you can't see the dates you'd like contact the owner directly.
Send an enquiry to Robin Hill Farm Cottages
You can send an enquiry directly to the owner of this property to confirm pricing and availability.
NOTE: Minimum stay 2 nights. Short breaks during school holidays only bookable in the 4 weeks prior to arrival.