Search for a perfect family holiday
  1. Home »
  2. Family Holidays Abroad »
  3. France »
  4. Languedoc-Rousillon »
  5. The Port House™

The Port House™

Sorry, this property is no longer listed on Away with the Kids

  • Fabulous luxury gites - Mas de Thau, South of France

    Mas de Thau - luxury gites

    Child friendly cottage, Languedoc-Rousillon

    Facing the sea Mas de Thau comprises six luxury cottages set within this authentic and gorgeously renovated 19th century…
    • Units sleep 4–8
    • No. of units 6
    Weekly prices from €3248–8568
  • The Imagine Rousillon complex; a mini child friendly resort in France

    Imagine Roussillon

    Child friendly cottage, Midi-Pyrenees

    Imagine Rousillon is a place that will inspire you - to imagine what it would be like to be there all the time.  With…
    • Units sleep 3–8
    • No. of units 4
    Weekly prices from €1200–4500

About The Port House™

The Port House is a charming, child-friendly Bed & Breakfast in Marseillan, South of France.  Marseillan is a coastal town – a very pretty coastal town boasting a harbour and at the edge of a lagoon. The Port House, built in the 1850s, was bought by Michel’s grandparents, in 1941 and has been in the family ever since - we’re delighted to say that this lovely family home welcomes guests on a B & B basis. Four bedrooms, all en-suite and one suite (two adjoining rooms sharing one bathroom) are available for individual families or the house may be rented in its entirety for a family gathering.   

This typically French home sits at the end of Marseillan’s harbour and alongside the Thau Lagoon – you have wonderful views of each. 

The bedrooms are very versatile and may be combined to suit families comprising parents with babies, toddlers, aunts, uncles and grandparents for B & B.  All are guaranteed a genuine and very friendly welcome from Michel and his family.


Mimosa is the family room, sleeping three though an extra cot or z-bed may be added if required. 

The Laurier Suite combines Mimosa with Figuier easily sleeping a family of five.

Lavande and Olivier are both double rooms - a cot or z-bed may be placed in these rooms if required. 


Cots and highchairs are available along with games and books to keep the children occupied. Rooms have a hair dryer and complimentary tea/coffee. An ironing board is available. Wi-fi is available throughout the house. Michel also offers a luggage storage facility so don’t worry if your flight home is later in the day.  

Things to Do:

You’re in the South of France. Enjoy beaches a short drive away, bird-watching across the lagoon, hire bikes and take off to Sete, hire a boat, visit vineyards, find monasteries, local villages and towns – you will get lots of ideas from Michel. Otherwise stay home, the children may run around safely in the walled garden whilst the pool will help keep them cool or explore this charming town and work your way round the fantastic places to eat.

The lagoon is famous for its oysters and mussels that you will no doubt sample in one of the excellent nearby restaurants. Otherwise watching the boats and local passersby will no doubt while away a couple of hours, children permitting!

What other people have said:

We have now spent our 4th annual autumn holidays in this enchanting house and certainly plan to go back next year. The location is very special. An absolute gem. The fact that the house was once run as a bed and breakfast means that nearly all bedrooms have on-suite bath rooms. Furthermore, the enclosed back garden is very handy if small children are around. We love the individual furniture combined with the family history. The only reason for not wanting to write an amazing review is that we'd rather keep this secret hideaway to our-selves :-) Patricia & Family, Switzerland, September 2014.

"Thank you for a wonderful sojourn of one week here in Marseillan. Calm. Quiet. Something for everyone." Bill, UK, August 2015.


Minimum two nights stay, pricing per night for two people including gourmet breakfast and parking. Additional person per room per night 29€.  Lower rates from 4 nights. One free night for 6 paying nights.

Children under 4 years old stay for free.

Booking Deposit: 30% deposit requested to secure your booking. The remaining 70% payable upon arrival. Deposit payment (Net amounts) to be made by electronic transfer in Euros.


Stay up-to-date with our email newsletter

Be the first to hear of brand new child-friendly holiday ideas, exclusive offers, late availability and competitions from us and our partners.

No thanks, I'll sign up later