Child friendly cottage complex, Cornwall – Luxury Child Friendly Holidays, TRURO, Cornwall
Share this destination
About The Valley
Perfect for the little ones without losing the luxury and comfort that make a different to grownups.
The Child Friendly Boutique Break - when it’s time for your next well earned family holiday why not escape to a hidden valley and combine the service of a 5* hotel with the intimacy of your own contemporary cottage.
Nestling in 13 acres of outstanding conservation countryside, The Valley is perfect for a stylish family break. Each of The Valley's cottages are individually designed meaning there is plenty of room for choice when deciding which of the five different cottage designs suits you and your family the best. Select from features such as stunning vaulted ceilings, open plan living areas, split level galleried floors and full length windows opening out onto balconies that really make the most of the spectacular views and glorious Cornish sunshine.
Boasting the utmost in comfort and luxury, the cottages combine contemporary designed kitchens with light and spacious open plan living areas, perfect for spending time together as a family. In the Italian designed bedrooms the combination of emperor size hand crafted pocket sprung beds and ‘soft as down' duvets and pillows covered with crisp white linen ensures that you will want to go to bed and never get up! Villeroy and Boch crockery and elegant gadgets in the kitchen make catering for yourself fun. For those days when you don't feel like cooking, choose from a gourmet selection of main courses, light bites and children's dishes at the stylish Café Azur. If you want to be truly indulgent you can even have meals served to you in the comfort and privacy of your own cottage; perfect for those evenings when you are tired from family days out exploring Cornwall's many attractions.
The Valley is a gated complex so feels safe and its exclusive leisure facilities, open from Easter to October half term, include indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools, a separate games room, a spa pool as well as a fitness suite and tennis and squash courts. Highchairs, stairgates and cots are complimentary, as well as a superb selection of toys and books to borrow for the cottages or whilst dining in the restaurant
Located right in the heart of Cornwall, The Valley is perfect for visiting local attractions such as Newquay Zoo or the world famous Eden project. You can hire bikes, explore the wildlife or visit Cornwall's beautiful sandy beaches. The Valley has everything you need for an indulgent and fun family break.
We arrived at The Valley a little bit early for our check-in time but were warmly welcomed by the staff and given comprehensive and easy to follow instructions on how to reach our cottage and make the most of our stay. The staff followed up with a visit to our cottage a couple of hours later to check we had everything we needed which was a great touch.
The accommodation was beautifully presented – modern, spotlessly clean and stylish. We were travelling with our 4 year old and 2 year old and so requested stair gates, a bed guard and a cot and these were all in place when we arrived. The master bedroom had a super king bed which adds extra comfort (especially if you have children who are bed invaders!) and the second bedroom had twin beds – both rooms were extremely spacious and had lots of storage so we could unpack and feel right at home.
We wasted no time in heading down to the swimming pools – we opted for our first dip in the inside pool as it wasn’t overly warm outside! The pool isn’t huge but we were the only people there and it has a separate jacuzzi which was a welcome treat after a long drive. The changing rooms are small and without lockers but it was less than a 3 minute walk door to door from our cottage so after the first visit we just did our changing there.
After some energetic play in the pool we were all ready for dinner and made a beeline for the onsite restaurant who offered us 20% off if we made a booking for the first night. The food was excellent, the staff were exceptionally accommodating and friendly to our children (one of whom is an incredibly fussy eater) and there was a bookcase of children’s books that kept them entertained whilst we waited for our food. All in all it was the most elusive of family outings - a stress free dining experience with children!
Every evening the staff posted a short note through the door with information on the weather the next day and suggesting an outing that was suitable. We found this really helpful for local ideas and it made us aware of local goings on that we would otherwise have been oblivious too.
We found The Valley an excellent base for exploring the local area – it is within easy driving distance of numerous beautiful beaches and family attractions. But if the weather is nice you could easily spend the day by the outdoor pool and clambering around the onsite playground. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Valley, the staff were friendly and helpful and we couldn’t find fault with the accommodation of which our favourite thing was the balcony - we could sit in the evening once the children were in bed and enjoy the beautiful view of the rolling Cornish hills whilst having a glass of wine and feeling like we had truly got away from it all. We wouldn’t hesitate to return in future.
- The location is brilliant for day trips – the staff are more than happy to recommend local beaches and days out
- The staff popped by a couple of times during our stay to check all was ok with our cottage and if we needed anything. This helped us feel very welcome and that nothing was too much trouble
- The pool facilities were brilliant, both indoor and outdoor pools that were clean and well maintained
- There is a restaurant on site which is very handy if you don’t want to cook or venture out They have a great menu including a children’s menu that they were happy to amend to suit our fussy little one!
- The site is small which means you are never far from your cottage and you can easily move between your accommodation, the pool and the playground without having to ‘pack for the day’
- There was cider and fudge waiting for us at our cottage when we checked in – no explanation needed!
- The Valley welcomes you to have food shopping delivered, we did and it all went very smoothly. There is also a large Tesco a short drive away
- We found the swimming pool to be very quiet early evening – we had it to ourselves every time we went around 5pm
- Whilst there is Wi-Fi throughout the site that worked perfectly, it wasn’t always possible to stream from Netflix or similar. You can borrow DVDs from reception to keep you entertained in the evenings once the children are in bed!A fish and chip van and a pizza van visit the local village during the week – a brilliant and delicious break from cooking!
- The site is situated on a hill – it is not a large site but if you had mobility issues it may be worth contacting in advance to ensure the most suitable cottage location for you
What The Kids Say...
- 'My favourite thing was the swimming. There was a pool inside and outside – there was two pools!’ – Max, age 4
- ‘I love the seaside! And splashing. And chips.’ – Jude, age 2
A non-refundable 25% deposit is payable with 3 days of making a booking.
Check in & out
Arrival time is between 4pm and 6pm on specified start date. Arrivals outside these times are available by prior arrangement only and must be notified at least 48 hours prior to due date. Departure is 10am on specified day. Management reserve the right to charge at a rate of £20 per hour for delayed departure unless previously arranged with reception.
No monies are refundable in the event of cancellation. Deposits can be transferred to a future booking if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before holiday start date. We strongly advise holiday insurance, details of which can be sent, on request, with payment receipt.
Find availability at The Valley
Click or tap a circled check-in date to get started.
NOTE: 3 night minimum stay
Accommodation owner will confirm exact pricing on enquiry. If you can't see the dates you'd like contact the owner directly.
Send an enquiry to The Valley
You can send an enquiry directly to the owner of this property to confirm pricing and availability.
NOTE: 3 night minimum stay