Child friendly hotel, Surrey – Windsor Road, Egham, Surrey
Share this destination
About the runnymede-on-thames
Go and mess around the river at the runnymede-on-thames hotel! Hire their brilliant little boat… feed the ducks… tuck into a picnic… go swimming in our spa… feast on fab food at the brilliant family 'ducklings dinners'… swan around the outdoor pool and play tennis too. The runnymede-on-thames is an idyllic spot for a luxury family break, near to Thorpe Park, Windsor Castle, Legoland with loads more things to do and see. They're all just a hop, skip and a jump away!.
The Away with the Kids review
Souraya, the gorgeous and talented Esska Shoes founder, visited with her family - have a read:
On the banks of the river Thames, this fantastic 4 star spa hotel will not let you down. Neither by how family friendly it is, by how nice the Spa is, nor by how good the food is.
Firstly, you will be surprised at how close it is to London, and how away from the buzz of London it feels. Children playgrounds, tennis courts, outdoor and indoor heated swimming pools, spa with you name it treatments, restaurants and enough green spaces for your children to run.
The hotel overlooks the Thames and provides boat trips. You can sit outside, relax and watch the boats - or the children feeding the swans.
At check in, your kids will get a goodie bag which will keep them entertained in the beautiful lounge, while you fill in the forms. Very nice welcome, you feel the warmth straight away. The décor is modern, inviting and relaxed.
The main room has a nice buzz, full with people of different ages and if you are lucky you might even meet a bride on a break from her wedding party!
The apartment, or what they call on their website the ‘duplex' (although it is not a duplex), has everything you need. Modern décor, clean everywhere, very comfortable bed, in one word, pleasant.
There is a kids room adjacent to the main room, with their own TV. Your kids will love it. A door between rooms helps you watch TV without worrying you will wake them up.
- The indoor swimming pool is guaranteed to tick all the boxes, especially with the kids. Warm and welcoming room, very clean and well maintained, the changing rooms have all what you need. A family changing area is a plus. If you forget swim nappies, don't worry they sell them for £1 each.
- Spa: did not try it, but seemed clean and high end. Manicure was clearly on offer.
- Boat hire: a fantastic way to see the River Thames - but don't be disappointed if your boat trip gets cancelled, there is nothing we can do about our English summers or the Thames!
- Kids outdoor playgrounds: There are two. One with swings and slides that all ages will love (even me!!), and one with more adventurous structures.
- Kids playroom: disappointing. It is a bit dark and ‘cold'. Games, puzzles and books are laid out, but the room is always locked, you have to ask to access it. Your kids are guaranteed to bump their heads on the table's edge a couple of times.
- Tennis courts: 3. Did not try them, but seem great.
- Outdoor swimming pool: heated, with lounge chairs around it. Everyone is guaranteed to have fun around that pool (weather permitting). It has a kids splash centre attached to it as well as a kiosk selling drinks etc.
The buffet style ‘Left Bank' restaurant is one of the most kids friendly you can experience while still enjoying it yourself. Highchairs available, staff very attentive and clearly used to having messy kids around. The service will not disappoint you. Well, nothing much to expect since it is a buffet, but in terms of drinks and any extras you might request (straws, plastic glasses), it will come quickly.
The food itself is good and varied. Although child-friendly, you are guaranteed to find something you like. You will enjoy a wide variety of salads, mains, cheeses, fresh fruits, desserts... The breakfast is exceptionally good and although it has all the English breakfast items, it still feels ‘healthy' with all the offering of fresh fruits, cereal, dried fruits and fresh juices. Coffees are good (I am a coffee freak! They have a great Gagglia coffee machine!!).
The duckling dinner offers the variety your kids dream of. For just £10 per child under 12, between 6 and 7:30 pm.
There is another restaurant ‘the Lock bar and kitchen' that is also child friendly (a la carte) and seemed fantastic, offering home style cooking in a casual relaxed environment (but we did not try it).
You will be surprised by how much there is around the Runnymede-on-thames. Legoland, Thorpe park, Windsor, Chessington... and Heathrow airport!!
Check availability & book
Find availability at the runnymede-on-thames
Click or tap a circled check-in date to get started.
Accommodation owner will confirm exact pricing on enquiry. If you can't see the dates you'd like contact the owner directly.
Make a booking
Send an enquiry to the runnymede-on-thames
You can send an enquiry directly to the owner of this property to confirm pricing and availability.